Why take time off from work to go to court? Let Jay Golland, YOUR Rockland County Traffic Lawyer go to court FOR YOU!
Jay Golland, Attorney at Law, offers defense of all traffic tickets. Don’t add unnecessary points to your driver’s license. There’s no need to take time off of work when we can go to court for you! Contact us and learn how we can help. We handle cases in all Rockland County courts.
As a traffic law attorney, Jay Golland can represent you for traffic citations, such as speeding, running a run light and reckless driving. We are often successful in avoiding points or reducing the amount of points you receive.
Your License or Driving Privilge
A conviction for a traffic offense will often result in points on your license. Even if you do not possess a New York State License, DMV will establish a record and apply the points to your “privilege” or potential future privilege to drive in New York. Too many points and you can lose your license. This can happen over time or all at once. Let Jay Golland handle the matter for you to ensure that your license is protected.
- 1 – 10 mph above speed limit – 3 Pts.
- 11 – 20 mph above speed limit – 4 Pts.
- 21 – 30 mph above speed limit – 6 Pts.
- 31 – 40 mph above speed limit – 8 Pts.
- Over 40 mph above speed limit – 11 Pts.
- Railroad Crossing Violation – 3 Pts.
- Reckless Driving – 5 Pts.
- Inadequate Brakes – 4 Pts.
- Failure to Yield Right of Way – 3 Pts.
- Improper Passing or Lane Use – 3 Pts.
- Most Other Moving Violations – 2 Pts.
- Failing to Stop for School Bus – 5 Pts.
- Following Too Closely (Tailgating) – 4 Pts.
- Violation Involving Traffic Signal or Stop/ Yield Sign – 3 Pts.
- Leaving Scene of Incident Involving Property Damage – 3 Pts.
- Child Safety Restraint Violation – 3 Pts.
- Using a Hendheld Device – 5 Pts.
Driving with a Suspended Driver’s License
If you receive a ticket for driving with a suspended driver’s license, it’s important to use an attorney. In New York State, this is a CRIMINAL CHARGE. If convicted, you would have a criminal record and could be subjected to Jail or Probation. You’ll need a an attorney who handles Criminal matters in addition to Traffic Tickets. You can count on Jay Golland for success.
Most traffic citations include points, which car insurance companies used to determine your car insurance rates. All around, traffic citations are expensive in the short term and long term. For the best results, turn the Jay Golland, Attorney at Law.
Points on New York State Driver’s License for Offenses
- 11 Points in 18 Months = DMV License Suspension/ Revocation Hearing
- 3 Speeding Violations in 18 Months = Mandatory License Revocation